Responsible for tasks and elements of design for natural gas distribution and transmission pipeline facilities. Project assignments may include modeling, planning, designing, drafting, materials evaluation, field work, technical writing, and assisting project managers and/or technical experts with other tasks within the project lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret data available from design locates, field work, and other data collection.
• Ability to produce basic P&ID and compare basic layouts.
• Understand permit process for permit tracking and approvals, HDD basics, and as-built process.
• Understand and ensure project scope, schedule, and cost requirements of client, internal, and external stakeholders are met.
• Prepare written plans, reports, or procedures to address specific project needs.
• Understand solutions to issues that arise during project execution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to use computer applications and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and various CAD programs (e.g., AutoCAD Civil 3D).
• Ability to communicate with strong verbal and written skills.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited educational institution required (Civil or Mechanical is preferred).
• Natural gas pipeline experience is preferred
• Engineer Intern (EIT) is preferred.
• MAOP Experience