The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for a full range of advanced administrative support functions for a division within the organization, directly assisting at least one senior-level manager by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a full range of advanced administrative functions, often of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Composes and types non-routine correspondence and memoranda.
- Develops and maintains extensive spreadsheets and databases.
- Creates forms and templates, and prepares and formats documents using multiple software programs for supervisor's presentations and reports.
- Manages special projects to support the functional area's strategic goals and objectives.
- Compiles and summarizes data, performs analysis, and creates reports for supervisor's review.
- Maintains administrative support procedures.
- Recommends process changes for greater work area efficiency, and implements approved process and procedural changes as directed by supervisor.
- Functions as personal assistant to at least one senior-level manager.
- Schedules and coordinates meeting facilities and equipment, makes travel arrangements, and maintains the central task and event calendar.
- May attend and participate in meetings on supervisor's behalf as required, and is responsible for producing and distributing meeting minutes to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with the work area budget process; maintains records of expenditures, analyzes variances, and reports to supervisor.
- Responds to internal and external customer requests for information and communicates with senior management as needed.
- Maintains awareness of subject matter experts within the work area and the organization for effective referral.
- Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Computes, records, and proofreads data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be professional, articulate, patient and service oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication, project coordination, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics programs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables on a daily basis.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to rapidly establish credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and multi-task.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in a business-related field and four year's experience in an advanced-level clerical, administrative role OR an equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Project management experience is preferred.
Magnolia River is a client focused, quality driven company that provides a wide array of infrastructure and geospatial solutions. Areas of expertise include pipeline, energy, GIS, surveying & mapping, and software products.
Magnolia River is a certified woman-owned business that has compiled a progressive, winning team that has a passion for people and success! Our core values of Passion and Integrity play a large role in our corporate and personal lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including 401(k), medical and dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD.
Magnolia River is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.