The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Business Development team and Operations in creating winning proposals and supporting marketing and communications documentation across the corporate enterprise. From time-to-time, the position requires travel to pre-proposal meetings at client sites, proposal meetings at corporate offices, and to teaming partner facilities for creation of quality proposals and related marketing and communications documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the BD team members with writing, formatting, producing, and delivering proposals and related marketing and communications materials to internal and external clients.
- Develops rapport and maintains relationships as needed with clients, suppliers, and teaming partners.
- Crafts proposal strategies and performs activities related to maximizing Magnolia River’s win probability for pursuits requiring complex proposals.
- Supports the Administrative staff with permitting, licensing, and other documentation required to pursue work for government agencies and commercial companies.
- Supports all colleagues in achieving overall corporate goals.
- Represents Magnolia River in a professional manner, actively demonstrating the corporate values.
- Supports all colleagues in achieving the overall corporate goals.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of cost-effective use of resources.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Travels on business as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent listening and client service skills.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Magnolia River is a client focused, quality driven company that provides a wide array of infrastructure solutions. Areas of expertise include pipeline, energy, GIS, surveying & mapping, and software products.
Magnolia River is a certified woman-owned business that has compiled a progressive, winning team that has a passion for people and success! Our core values of Passion and Integrity play a large role in our corporate and personal lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental, Guardian VSP Vision, Guardian Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD.
Magnolia River is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status